Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Rubies, pink, casual, large stones

Hello Rhea, I'm looking for something that works for casual, isn't flashy, but still holds its own. If it helps, my wife prefers warm colors, she really likes the peach moonstones.

Here is a pink ruby strand, they are ovals, maybe oblongs, hand made stones so there is variance. I got them at a low price that I can pass on to you, but there is a chance these are dyed. We don't have earth to store blockchain accountability with lower priced items.

If you look closely at the piece and they are all exactly the same color, I would avoid it, especially if they are what we call "blood red". However, if you see variance, odds are they are earth mined, perhaps heat treated, which I have no problem with.

Ruby is one of the so called "cardinal gems", stones that have been considered valuable throughout time.


Say, what is the difference between pink sapphires and pink rubies?

When you figure that out, please let me know. They are chemically the same, same hardness, same shades. When they are by themselves I call them rubies, if they are part of a multi-color string, I tend to go with sapphire.

They are nice Rhea and heavy, whatever we call them.

Yes, you are looking at 315 carats, not heavy enough to be bothersome. One thing I really like about this piece is that it holds up well in natural light as well as indoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Black pearl effect

BLAC071418 with agate/onyx 18" micro facet Did you hear John Harris passed? I going to the memorial tomorrow. Rhea answered, I did...