Thursday, February 22, 2018

Opal "welo" Necklace 16"

He was a strong man, blue collar, pulled up to Bestow in his Ford F150, dual gas tanks, 4WD, I'm guessing the truck was 20 years old.

I came out from the counter, as is my habit, Welcome to Bestow sir, how can may I help you?

My son works for some technology company, guess he is doing good, they want to give him a prize and send him and his wife to Jamaica. He asked if we would sit the dogs, of course we said yes, but now we are invited to his victory celebration party.

I nodded, and said congratulations, you must be very proud of him.

I am, he said, but we don't, we won't, fit in. I need something for my wife to wear, but I don't want to spend every last time we have saved, do you have any ideas?

Sir, I am full of ideas, do you mind telling me your name?
Sam.

Well met Sam, I'm Rhea and offered him a hand; we shook. Do you happen to have a picture of your wife? Maybe even a couple on your phone?

Sam, she is wearing the same diamond studs in her ears in all the photos.
They were a gift from our youngest son, they are pretty special to her.

Rhea continued, earrings are out, that pretty much leaves a ring and a necklace. It's hard to come up with a ring that will show in this crowd. But, I may have a secret weapon as a necklace.  Hold it, watch it do its magic and I will tell you about it.

It is a beaded Welo opal necklace from Amhara  plateau, Ethiopia. The color is brilliant and rivals any top grade opal in the world.

Sam, you lady will stand tall against jewel pieces that cost a hundred times more. It isn't what you pay, it's what you get. Would you like to Bestow this necklace on your lady? It won't break your budget and it will be something she treasures all her days.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Black pearl effect

BLAC071418 with agate/onyx 18" micro facet Did you hear John Harris passed? I going to the memorial tomorrow. Rhea answered, I did...